The best books about pirates (fact and fiction)

The best books about pirates (fact and fiction)
Visit my pirate book page on Shepherd.com

Saturday, April 22, 2017

The Judgment of La Buse, The Original Documents!

I recently received permission from Damien Vaisse, Directeur, Archives départementales de la Réunion, to publish these copies of the original judgment of Olivier Levasseur on Reunion Island in 1730. 

These are scanned copies of the originals. As you can see, they are not the easiest things to read!

As a friend of mine said, the handwriting is ridiculous. For a translation, please see the featured post, Judgment of La  Buse. 

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Women in Piracy 2022

Women in Piracy 2022
Listen to my talk on what life was like for women in the early 1700s and what made them decide to sneak on board ships as sailors.

Tune in to my interview with Phil Johnson!

Tune in to my interview with Phil Johnson!
Positive reviews on itunes are appreciated!