The best books about pirates (fact and fiction)

The best books about pirates (fact and fiction)
Visit my pirate book page on Shepherd.com

Thursday, June 11, 2020

What did people eat in the 18th Century?

Hey all! I came across this article while browsing Facebook and thought it was worth sharing. While probably most of us have thought about how cool it would be to take a quick trip back in time to see what Golden Age pirates were really like, I bet most of us would not be prepared for just how different things like what foods they ate would be.  
I know I would have trouble eating some of this stuff!






Modern-day scrapple

2 comments:

  1. I eat scrapple, and have had both turtle and squirrel. I might even do the calf gelatin and eel pies! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried any of these yet. Then again, since I've always lived on the West Coast, most of this kind of stuff isn't as readily available.

    ReplyDelete

Women in Piracy 2022

Women in Piracy 2022
Listen to my talk on what life was like for women in the early 1700s and what made them decide to sneak on board ships as sailors.

Tune in to my interview with Phil Johnson!

Tune in to my interview with Phil Johnson!
Positive reviews on itunes are appreciated!